11 January, 2019
January construction update at Sugar House Island
We asked Bogdan, Project Manager for Vastint UK, for an update on works on site.
- The envelope of 1Dane’s Yard is complete and the scaffold has been removed. The internal fit out continues to progress.
- The envelope of 1 Sugar House Lane is progressing, and the large concrete panels are being installed along the High Street. Internal fit-out works are also progressing. These two buildings will be the first to complete at Sugar House Island.
- The shell of 2 Dane’s Yard (the bar and music venue) is now complete and the envelope of reclaimed bricks has now commenced.
- The new-build structure of 3 Sugar House Lane is complete and the envelope is in progress
- The structure of 1 Cooperage Yard is complete and scaffold is progressing to allow the envelope to start.
- The steel structure of 2 Cooperage Yard is complete.
- The Sugar House has been stripped internally and the ground floor slab has been installed. CLT extensions are in progress
Internal works are progressing well and fit out is following the envelope completion.
The riverside concrete structures are now at level 7 and the Sugar House Lane side is at level 4. The precast concrete cladding is currently being manufactured off site to be installed in 2019.
Works are currently progressing along the Old Sugar House Lane, with utilities being installed and filled up to the new road levels in time for the completion of Botanical Mews in 2019.
The road between Botanical Mews and R2 is now installed.
BACK TO LIST NEXT ARTICLE