13 February, 2019
February construction update at Sugar House Island
We asked Pedro, Project Manager for Vastint UK, for an update on works on site.
- The envelope of 1 Dane’s Yard is complete. The internal fit out is nearing completion and the buildings services are about to be commissioned. Recent visitors commented on the warmth and space inside this CLT building and we’re looking forward to leasing it.
- The envelope of 1 Sugar House Lane is progressing. Internal fit-out works are progressing. The two roof terraces of this seven-storey building are now in place, ready for their new office tenants.
- These two buildings will be the first to complete at Sugar House Island.
- The shell of 2 Dane’s Yard (the bar and music venue) is now complete and the envelope of reclaimed bricks is being installed.
- The new-build structure of 3 Sugar House Lane is complete and the envelope is in progress.
- The structure of 1 Cooperage Yard is complete and the envelope has commenced.
- The steel structure of 2 Cooperage Yard is complete and scaffold has commenced to allow the envelope to commence.
- The Sugar House has been stripped internally and the ground floor slab has been installed. CLT extensions are now complete.
- Internal works are progressing well and fit out is following the envelope completion.
- The riverside concrete structures are now at level 9 and the Sugar House Lane side is at level 4. The precast concrete cladding is currently being manufactured off site to be installed in March.
Works are currently progressing along the old Sugar House Lane, with utilities being installed. The road is being filled up to new levels in time for the completion of Botanical Mews. The road between Botanical Mews and R2 is now installed.
BACK TO LIST PREVIOUS | NEXT ARTICLE