17 April, 2019
APRIL CONSTRUCTION UPDATE AT SUGAR HOUSE ISLAND
We asked Ivan, Project Manager for Vastint UK, for an update on works on site.
- The internal fit out of 1 Dane’s Yard is nearing completion and the commissioning of the services is in progress.
- The envelope of 1 Sugar House Lane is nearing completion, the works are ongoing to the South Courtyard elevation only. Internal fit out is almost complete and services are about to be commissioned.
- The envelope of 2 Dane’s Yard is progressing. The façade, consisting of reclaimed bricks, is currently being installed.
- The structure of the extension of 3 Sugar House Lane is complete and CLT (cross-laminated timber) frame installation to the existing building is about to start.
- The brickwork envelope of 1 Cooperage Yard is progressing and will be completed in the next four weeks.
- The envelope of 2 Cooperage Yard is progressing well – light steel frame and windows are complete and brickwork has started.
- Sugar House – the internal CLT frame is currently being installed to the existing building.
- The envelope is nearly complete and the installation of the final layer of waterproofing to all blocks is ongoing. The installation of the balconies to building B is about to commence. Internal works are progressing well.
- Works to the concrete frame structure are progressing well. They are expected to complete in the next 3-4 weeks.
- The installation of the pre-cast cladding panel is ongoing to building B1 and is about to start on B2.
- The installation of the windows will start in the next two weeks.
- Risers are being constructed in building B1 and the installation of the services is ongoing
- The construction of the new highway is progressing along R2 and R3.
- The demolition of Building 85 is nearly complete.
- The installation of the final section of the district heating pipes and new utilities is ongoing.
You can see the latest photos of progress on site here.
BACK TO LIST PREVIOUS | NEXT ARTICLE