15 May, 2019
Sugar House Island Construction Update
Things are moving quickly and we'll soon be ready to open our doors, we asked Richard Lam for more details on what's happening on site here at Sugar House Island!
- One Danes Yard is now at the final commissioning stage and the external works are in progress to allow our future tenants safe access
- The envelope to One Sugar House Lane is complete and the internal works are almost complete. Commissioning is now underway
- The communal areas around the existing tower within Danes Yard are being paved around. This area will be opened up during the summer months along with the Print House Kitchen and Bar
- The envelope of Two Danes Yard is progressing with the reclaimed brick facade
- The brick envelope of One Cooperage Yard is underway and the building has been made weather-tight to allow internal works to commence
- The envelope of Two Cooperage Yard is progressing and work on the roof will commence soon
- The internal CLT frame works have now commenced in Three Sugar House Lane
- Internal steel work has started in The Sugar House building envelope to support the new interiors. External brickwork repairs have also commenced.
- All buildings have been made weather-tight and the internal balconies have been installed to the riverside block
- The external cladding is progressing to the top levels. Internal fit-out works are progressing well to allow for a completion date in early 2020.
- The concrete works are now complete to the main riverside block
- External cladding panels have been installed to the first of the riverside blocks and windows are also currently being installed
- Internal M&E works are underway and progressing well
- The foundations for the new river footbridge have been installed by Three Mills Green. A hoarding will be installed for a number of months on this side of he river to allow piling works to commence. The bridge is currently in design to be delivered on site in the next few months.
- The heating system is being commissioned to provide hot water and heating to the development from July 2019
- The new Sugar House Lane base will be completed mid-June without the final paved finish. This will link up with the south end of the island
- The batching plant has now completed the main works and this will be removed during June.
BACK TO LIST PREVIOUS | NEXT ARTICLE