Sugar House Island
This quietly impressive new waterside development is just to the east of Bow, near Stratford and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Historically the area was called Three Mills, after its ancient tidal mills.
Bounded by water on two of its three sides, Sugar House Island is a thoughtfully-designed new corner of the capital with a distinctive sense of place.
A cosmopolitan team of architects, designers and place-makers has taken time and care to curate a new London area they hope everyone will enjoy. The vision is to strike a balance between working, living and leisure activities to create an integrated and animated local neighbourhood. The masterplan prioritises outdoor spaces and a sense of community, with buildings designed from the inside out. This work drew on the incredible assets offered by the local context – views of the sky and access to 1.2km of river edge, as well as over nine centuries of industrial heritage.
The first phase of Sugar House Island is Dane’s Yard – a collection of eight old and new buildings offering offices to the creative industries. These are leasing now and will be ready for occupation from early in 2019.
On sale from 2019, riverside homes will range from studio apartments to mews houses. Designed by a number of different established and emerging architects, our homes will enjoy wonderful views of the surrounding waterways as well as communal squares and semi-private gardens.
Sugar House Island IS SET TO deliver:
- A 26-acre mixed-use neighbourhood bounded by water, with over 3 acres of parks, squares & yards, and a fantastic riverside walk.
- 624,000 ft² (58,000m²) of office space which will bring 2,500 jobs to the local area.
- The first phase, Dane’s Yard offers 100,000ft² (9,000m²) of new workspace to creative businesses in eight new and old buildings.
- Amenity in Dane’s Yard includes a restaurant and a bar, a state-of-the-art gym, as well as bike stores for cyclists and an events programme.
- 1,200 new residential homes including family-sized mews houses and riverside apartments. Botanical Mews, the first phase, will offer 161 new homes for sale in 2019.
- Amenity coming soon across the scheme will include restaurants and coffee shops as well as community spaces and an events programme.
- The development also has planning permission for a 2-form entry primary school and a 350-bedroom hotel.